I have represented clients in state and federal courts and administrative agencies (such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission/EEOC and the New York City Commission on Human Rights), among other venues.
I teach Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes to other attorneys in the areas of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and law practice management.
In addition to being a lawyer, I am also a human being who enjoys (among other things) exploring New York City, traveling, SCUBA/wreck diving, reading, video gaming, board gaming, and writing.
- New York State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2002
- B.E., Civil Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 1998
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Pospis Law Blog: Updates and commentary on recent legal developments, primarily in the areas of employment, personal injury, and civil rights law and litigation.
- “The ‘Disclosed But Unclaimed’ Limitation on the Doctrine of Equivalents” (Co-Author) – published in the August/September 2003 New York Intellectual Property Law Association Bulletin.
Media/Press – Mike Quoted, Mentioned, or Featured
- 1/26/18 (Curbed NY): “Is It Safe to Walk Over New York’s Sidewalk Cellar Doors?” [PDF]
- 11/21/17 (Bloomberg BNA): “Punitive Damages for Job Bias Easier to Get Under NYC Law” [PDF]
- 6/26/17 (Bloomberg BNA): “How to Avoid Getting in Trouble for Discipline” [PDF]
- 4/19/17 (Bloomberg BNA): “Single Incident Racial Harassment Case Argued to Second Circuit by EEOC, Others”
- 10/26/16 (Salon.com): “How to Respond to Workplace Harassment”
- 9/2/16 (Bloomberg BNA): “Watch Out for Witness Bias in Workplace Investigations” [PDF]
- 5/16/13 (Village Voice): “What to Do if You Get Vito Lopez’d at Work” [PDF]
- 4/17/13 (Huffington Post): “Sexual Harassment: Know Your Rights” [PDF]
- Radio Advertisement (note – since the airing of this advertisement the firm’s phone number has changed to 212-227-2100).